Floor Sanding in Babylon, NY 11701
Benefits Of Wood Floor Sanding Services You Should Know In Babylon, NY
In Suffolk County, inarguably, most of the population prefer wooden indoor oak flooring over any other type of flooring in the interior of their households & office complexes.
Wooden floors have many obvious benefits, for example, it’s one of the most attractive flooring options, but unlike others, these floors demand regular high-maintenance services for lasting durability.
Even though many maintenance services are included in the wood floor refinishing service, wood floor sanding is quite prominent. Floor sanding means removing the topmost surface of a wooden floor by sanding with abrasive materials like sandpapers.
Most floors like hard oak floors, vinyl plank flooring, and floor laminate require wood floor sanding regularly. Wood floor sanding requires an expert professional and equipment like a spinner & large drum sander for wood floor restoration. There are many immediate & long-term benefits of wood floor sanding services.
Floor sanding in Babylon, NY is primarily associated with the enhancement of the aesthetics of the flooring, but the benefits of wood floor sanding aren’t limited to the aesthetics of the flooring; sanding also helps in improving various other aspects related to the floor.
Wood floor restoration serves many purposes and has many layers, giving you long-term benefits. Some of the immediate & long-term benefits of wood floor sanding are:
1) Floor Sanding Prevents Floors From Damages
The biggest challenge with wooden floors like hard oak floors, white birch wood floors, or vinyl plank flooring is that they are prone to nominal and significant damages.
The most common problem received by flooring companies near me in Babylon, NY is the problem of cupping (when the floor gains extra moisture) & crowing. Time-to-time wood floor sanding saves the outdoor-indoor hard oak floors & white birch wood floors from such problems.
We use pressure-treated woods to reduce the chances of cupping and crowing. For the unversed, pressure-treated woods are the type of woods that undergoes a chemical process to make them more durable and less susceptible to decay. Qualified professionals from Bob McGowan Wood Flooring put extra focus on such issues while finishing hardwood floors.
2) Gives Luster & Shine to Unfinished Hardwood Flooring
It is common for floors like hard oak floors & vinyl plank flooring to get oxidized due to exposure to sunlight. Oxidation leads to dull luster & shine of the flooring.
Therefore, wood floor sanding before staining indoor oak flooring helps in maintaining the glossiness of the newly stained floors.
Bob McGowan Wood Flooring offers a wide range of wood floor refinishing services that include the removal of the oxidation dullness from wooden floors like indoor oak flooring & vinyl plank flooring.
3) Prevents From Gauging & Strengthening Hard Oak Floors
Wood floors, especially dining room floors, age with time and develop space between them. With time, the nails holding the wood floors start losing grip, and eventually, the floorboards become uneven. This situation is called gauging. It leads to the weakening of the pressure-treated wood floor and can break at any time.
Floor sanding helps in preventing the pressure-treated woods from such a situation. Experts like Bob McGowan Wood Flooring eliminate the pieces elevated due to gauging. Wood floor sanding fixes the problem of gauging and also increases the life of the flooring.
4) Floor Sanding Raise The Property Rates
Floor sanding is an investment to increase the resale value of the property. Floor sanding helps in making unfinished hardwood flooring elegant. The appearance of the interior flooring, like dining room floors, helps in upscaling the rates of the property.
Unfinished hardwood flooring leaves a negative impression on the buyer. Wood floor sanding improves the aesthetics of baseboards and decks.
There are many wood floor restoration companies in the Suffolk County, but hiring an experienced company is always a better idea.
Avail Wood Floor Sanding Services From Bob McGowan Wood Flooring In Babylon, NY
Bob McGowan Wood Flooring is synonymous with trust and perfection in the wood floor refinishing service industry. With almost five decades of invaluable experience and vast knowledge about the craft of wood floor restoration, we are committed to delivering an exemplary piece of work in Suffolk County.
Bob McGowan Wood Flooring offers floor sanding, staining, and refinishing services and also deals in installing pressure-treated woods like white birch wood floors and hard oak floors, among many others.
Bob McGowan Wood Flooring is best known for providing its premium range of services at affordable rates, using the best tools & floor laminate materials to deliver results beyond expectations.
To avail of our services in Babylon, NY give us a call on 631-673-1050 & our team will reach out to you to solve all your queries.
Some information about Babylon, NY
The Town of Babylon is one of ten towns in Suffolk County, New York, United States. Its population was 214,191 as of the 2010 census. Parts of Jones Beach Island, Captree Island and Fire Island are in the southernmost part of the town. It borders Nassau County to the west and the Atlantic Ocean to the south. At its westernmost point, it is about 20 miles (32 km) from New York City at the Queens border, and about 30 miles (48 km) from Manhattan. The village of Babylon is also within the town.
The region was once called South Huntington. Nathaniel Conklin moved his family to the area, and around 1803 named it New Babylon, after the ancient city of Babylon.
The town was officially formed in 1872 by a partition of the Town of Huntington.
The following communities and locations are within the Town of Babylon:
- Amityville, in the southwest part of the town.
- Babylon, in the southeast part of the town.
- Lindenhurst, in the south part of the town, between villages of Babylon and Amityville.
- Captree or Captree Island
- Deer Park
- East Farmingdale
- Gilgo, includes communities of West Gilgo Beach, Gilgo Beach, and Cedar Beach
- North Amityville
- North Babylon
- North Lindenhurst
- Oak Beach, includes community of Oak Island
- West Babylon
- Wheatley Heights
- Amity Harbor, in the hamlet of Amityville
- Copiague Harbor, in the hamlet of Copiague
- Captree Island, an island partly in the southeast part of the town and containing part of Captree State Park.
- Cedar Island, an island in the Great South Bay.
- Gilgo Island, an island in the west end of the Great South Bay.
- Grass Island, an island in the Great South Bay.
- Thatch Island, an island in the Great South Bay.
- Oak Island, an island in the Great South Bay.
- Cedar Beach
- Gilgo Beach
- Oak Beach
- Overlook Beach
- Belmont Lake State Park, a state park in the northeast part of the town.
- Captree State Park, a state park partly in the southeast part of the town and adjacent to the Fire Island Inlet.
- Gilgo State Park, an undeveloped preserve on a barrier island on the southern side of the town.
- Robert Moses State Park, a state park on Fire Island is partly in the town.
- Fire Island Inlet, a passage between the Atlantic Ocean and the Great South Bay.
- The town was featured in the American version of Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares. Ramsay spent a week at Peter’s, an Italian eatery that’s now out of business.
- Tanner Park, Town of Babylon, Copaigue, New York
Directions from Babylon, NY to Bob McGowan Wood Flooring
Here are some flooring-related links:
- National Wood Floors Association
- International Certified Flooring Installers Association
- World Floor Covering Association
- Maple Flooring Manufacturing Association